Monday, February 10, 2014

Gravity

Newton's law of gravity states that any two bodies in the universe attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.  (Thank you Wikipedia.)  God's first law for us people types was for Adam and Eve to keep their hands off the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  Makes me wonder if maybe built in to that law was for Adam and Eve to keep their hands off each other.  And I've always questioned the effectiveness of the fig leaf in concealing bodily delights.  I think that simply heightened the mystery and broadened the temptation.  What what did you think of the fig, Newton?

Before I agitate all of my Bible literalist friends, let me remind you that I find an eery yet comforting connection between God and Science and quantum physics and the matter of the soul.  (Allow me recommend Gary Zukav's Dancing Wu Li Masters and Seat of the Soul.)  So hold off on constructing the stake and stacking the wood for a bit.  I think we humans have been restating the obvious in different terms for thousands of years.  Like what goes up must come down.  And, no, I'm not going to tie that law into this subject.  I'll let you do that yourselves.

Anyway...I thought it was interesting that we use the symbol of the apple for both the fruit of the tree as well as the fable around how Sir Isaac discovered gravity.  Maybe it's just me but I don't believe in coincidences.  But I do believe if you pay attention, everything is revealed.  Multiple times.  Which says that God certainly knows His audience.

Gravity

Did Newton muse the gravity
Of Eve's plummet?
The apple of Adam's I
First Law spoken
Broken
Like d'evil to the core.

0210JDG2014

No comments:

Post a Comment